Kirkcudbright Development Trust respects your right to privacy. We put in place security measures for your personal data and manage your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations.
Please note that Kirkcudbright Development Trust is the Data Controller of your personal data. The principles set out in this Privacy Notice apply to all instances in which Kirkcudbright Development Trust receives your personal data as a Data Controller for the purposes described in this notice. Those purposes are processing of data in order to participate in the various activities available on this website or as mentioned below.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Kirkcudbright Development Trust
- your name and email address when you sign up to our email alerts
- details provided on event booking forms or membership forms
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- This data can be viewed by authorised people in Kirkcudbright Dark Space Planetarium to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to make transactions
When you use our website, you agree that we use and store cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by collecting and remembering information about your preferences. We and our analytics service provider Google Analytics also use information from cookies to analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We will not link that data about how you use our website with any personally identifiable information. You can choose to decline cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.